Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Changes

Last week we had our first home study interview at the Portland Holt office. We LOVE our social worker...she just 'got us' and we felt super comfortable with her. One thing she said, that is a bummer, is that we most likely will only be getting one child. We were hoping for two, like a really young sibling set or twins...but the Lord knows best, and so does our social worker. She said that it would just be really hard for Toby and Jack, but mostly for Jamie and I to just deal with the day to day stuff of having 4 children under the age of 4. So it's a relief of sorts, just because I honestly don't know how I would do it, I absolutely know it would be insane and I would have no life whatsoever...but, I still wanted it. So it looks like we'll be going through the adoption process not only this time, but a second time as well. But at least that means we'll get to travel to Ethiopia 4 times! Whoa...do you see the $$$$ adding up? I do. But it's worth every dollar and cent, and everything else that comes along with this crazy road we're traveling down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your journey. I've really enjoyed your entries so far, they're very candid, I aprreciate that.

Haley
Portland, OR