
We just recieved our completed homestudy in the mail today! As soon as I saw what it was I turned the car around to mail off our USCIS I-600A form that required a copy of our homestudy. Another big step has been taken today to bring our baby home! The I-600A is basically a petition for us to adopt an orphan. One of the things that the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) requires from us. Once they get it and approve it they will schedule an appointment for us to get fingerprinted. Once that is done we can turn in our dossier and we will be put on Holt's wait list! EEEKKK!! We are expecting a longer wait than we first anticipated. When we applied to adopt back in August, the average wait time from when you were put on the wait list until you recieved your referral (pictures/info of your child) was about 4-6 months. Now they are saying to expect around 6-9 months until we get a referral. Bummer. But the great side of that is the fact that more people are adopting. I think there is about 50ish families on Holt Ethiopia's program wait list right now. Wow. Praise the Lord for that. We'll just have to be praying harder that we can move quickly through USCIS processing, and through our time on the wait list. The Lord knows all, so we'll try to just sit back and enjoy the last couple of steps until we'll be waiting for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment