Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Missing...

I've said it on here before, but how can I honestly miss someone so badly that I don't even know yet? My heart is just aching to hold our baby, to rock him to sleep and whisper sweet nothings in her ear. Is our baby waiting in an orphanage? Is she wondering if anyone will take her for their own? How long until we see his face? I feel the peace of the Lord in all of this, I truly do, I just miss. Miss who? I don't know yet, but hopefully I will soon. I want to see that face that I've been praying for for the last 7 years. 7 years? But you've only known Jamie 6 years...yup, it's true. I've laid in bed, in my apartment in 2004 and cried, and begged God to be with my future baby. I knew I was going to adopt. My heart was aching for him/her back then. My heart hasn't stopped. Is this how the Lord feels? His heart aching and breaking for these babies and kiddos who have no one to call them their own? I absolutely am in awe that I get the honor to call the Creator of the universe my God, Father, Savior, Best Friend. He has a heart like no other for these kids. He is the One that gives that beat in my heart , the One who breaks my heart for the fatherless. What a beautiful thing to call Him Lord. What an amazing encouragement and challenge He has given us, not just me, but all that follow Him... "Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow." -Isaiah 1:17

"You are the helper of the fatherless. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."
Psalms 10:14,17-18

"In you the orphan finds mercy."
Hosea 14:3

No comments: