I just saw this amazing video. It portrays some of the hardships in Ethiopia. It's sickening that people are dying because lack of water, or dirty water. Toby watched this with me on my second time, and I explained in his terms what was happening. His first response (which made me cry) "Mama, can we share our water with them? I really want to..." I love it.
And also, this video which I stumbled across on someone else's blog.
It's sooo true. And it hit right in the area where the Lord has been stretching/teaching me...I am not entitled. I do not deserve this lovely new bed frame, car, house, etc...the list goes on and on. I am called to be content with what we have and to be GIVING with what we have. To the point of being sacrificial. To the point of being out of our comfort zone if that's what the Lord asks of us. I want to be living the Lord's best for us, not America's. We may look poor, but boy will we be joyful knowing we are not a part of this world, only residing in it as God calls us to. I would much, much rather have a tableful, houseful, and carful of kids to love on and teach Truth to, than to have a fancy car, nice house, and financial security. A million times over. Please remind me when I see you with your lovely new things, or your well dressed kids. I WILL stumble, I will want, but boy do I know that we are walking the path that the Lord has laid for us and it feels SO good. There is no better place than to be where He has called us.
No comments:
Post a Comment