Friday, March 9, 2012

Contentment




A reoccurring problem that I'm seeing in this whole adoption is my lack of contentment. I have been striving and yearning for the next thing (our baby) instead of just living in the here and now. And my here and now is stinkin' awesome, I shouldn't be wishing the days away until our baby comes home. I should be yearning for the LORD, instead of the little one He created a half a world away. This has been a continual learning and growing process, one that I wouldn't trade for anything. And now you know, you need to kick my behind if you hear me complaining or grumbling of how long this is taking. I am SO insanely blessed and although I am sooooo ready to meet our child, I can hold out. I know it's worth the wait. I know without a doubt that the Lord has perfect timing, I don't question that. I'm just ready, but I can still be ready and content.

Oh, and on a side note...Holt just raised the wait time to 14+ months. Sucky, but I'm choosing JOY.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Good job choosing joy, friend. You will be rewarded for your trust. Love you and praying daily for you.