Sooo...since my last post we've already had our court date in Ethiopia, met our amazingly precious son, and as of yesterday been submitted to Embassy. To say it's been a crazy 5 months is an understatement. We are hopefully only weeks away from traveling back over to Ethiopia to bring sweet Marcus boy home! I always knew this would be the hardest part of the journey, after meeting him, coming home and waiting, not knowing when he'll get to come home. Every milestone that he reaches is bittersweet. Since we've been gone he's popped in two new teeth and started walking around with the help of furniture. We are so proud of him, but it breaks our hearts to know all we're missing out on. If you happen to run into me please expect nothing but crazy. Half my heart is just chillin' in a Ethiopian orphanage unaware that he has a family that adores him. I am subject to cry at any point in a conversation (sorry!), be overly joyful because we're SO CLOSE, or be depressed because he's STILL NOT HOME. It's a total roller coaster over here. I am just so thankful that no matter what that God has called us to this crazy adventure and the life lessons we have learned are invaluable.
I cannot wait to show you all his beautiful face, but until then here are some photos from our first trip to Ethiopia...
All photos are copyright Karly Wright Photography 2012
1 comment:
Congratulations, so happy for you guys! And really beautiful photos!
Post a Comment