Last week, while in Black Butte with Jamie's family we had some extra babysitters around and decided that we should sign up for a webinar that Holt International was putting on (an adoption agency, the same as Jamie's parents had used to adopt my sister-in-law, Melanie.)
So we left the boys sleeping, and drove down to the Lodge where the internet connection was stronger and set up camp (pizza, pop, candy and sharing one set of headphones. Yeah, we looked awesome.) We ate lunch together while watching and listening to the webinar about their Ethiopia program. We asked a few questions that got answered right then and there and we got really excited about the possibility that we might actually be able to get a child/children through Holt.
The very next day we sat down and applied online.
When we got home on Friday from Black Butte we still had to get a form notarized to mail in to complete the application, so me being the genius that I am, googled 'what is notarizing?' Turns out, we just needed someone to watch us sign the document, and they had to be a legal notary. Hmmmm...ok, doesn't sound too hard. I had read on a another families blog that you should make best friends with your local notary because you will be there a LOT. So I called around Sherwood trying to find the best price and $7.00 was the lowest I could find.
We loaded up the car, and drove down to 'Goin' Postal' started the signing and then realized that it was $7.00 per person, and we both had to sign. Ahhhh man. I started inwardly freaking out. Ok, $7.00 is not a lot of money at all, but that number in my head that I figured just doubled. Still not a huge number, but still....come ON! If this adoption is going to cost upwards of $30,000 then Lord You are going to have to help us out here....PLEASE! We cannot do this alone...
Toby had to go potty, so I ran him over to the Safeway next door to use the bathroom and I about had a panic attack (yeah, over the $7.00, still) and when I met Jamie on the way back he said...
"Hey it only cost $9.00!" (we had some other things to mail off with it)
Me: "What?! How?!"
Jamie: "She rung it up and I didn't realize until I read the receipt that she only charged us for one of the signatures." (Jamie is acting like this is no big deal...) "So I went back and told her and she said 'Oh, don't worry about it, this one is taken care of'"
No you did not just do that Lord, really?! Right when I started to freak out about the cost, and not understanding if this is really what the Lord would want us to do, He provides. Granted it was only $7.00, but that was all I needed to know that He is on our side and is going to get us through this and take care of us (like He ALWAYS has) I love it.
So I now know that we can do this thing...and will have the Lords help. What an amazing feeling. A million pounds lifted.
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work..." -2 Corinthians 9:8
2 comments:
I am so excited about this journey we are ALL going to go on:) Can't wait to hold the end result! Love you guys.
Hi,
Thanks for finding me on fb. I go to Goin' Postal for all my copies and mailings. :) But, we did all our notaries at Chase over by Albertsons. If you have an account there then it's free. So, if you don't have an account there you should open one. Close to home and free is PERFECT because yes you will need a lot of them!!
Christy
Post a Comment