Friday, August 20, 2010

I Share My Mommy?

Every night while tucking Toby into bed we pray with him. I always ask him "What would you like to pray for tonight?" Some nights he has no requests and some nights he could go on and on, and on. A couple nights ago he had none, so I suggested that we pray and ask God to give us a brother or sister from Africa. He asked a LOT of questions...and got a nice little geography lesson. I explained to him that there are a lot of babies and big kids who don't have any mommies or daddies and that they need a home and that God loves those babies so much. He was deep in thought and I waited for him to absorb it all and answer...finally he said "I share my mommy with them? I pray for them Mama?" I asked if he would want one/some of them to be his brother or sister and he really liked that idea. My heart was ready to burst with love for this sweet compassionate child.

So, Toby is on board for all of this, at least until both of his parents have to fly over to Ethiopia...twice. I just won't share that part with him yet. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, so this just made me tear up!! I love it!- Alicia

Meg said...

what a sweet boy : )
(we are another Holt family)