We just received a e-mail congratulating us into the Ethiopia program!!! For those of you who don't know, first we applied to just be accepted into Holt International as a adoptive family, and then we had to apply to whichever country we were hoping to adopt from to make sure we meet all of the country requirements. Soooo, looks like we will (Lord willing) be getting a sweet little Ethiopian baby!!!! The average wait time right now until you bring your baby home is about 12-18 months from when you apply, so we could be looking at around this time next year!
The crazy part that I was not expecting at all...I opened my e-mail and saw one from Holt titled "Welcome to Holt International's Ethiopia Program" and I yelped out in joy and excitement and honestly got the same exact feeling when I found out I was pregnant with both my boys. I love it. I am giddy. This is really starting to be real for me, and my heart is still pounding.
1 comment:
We are another Sherwood family that has just been accepted into the Holt Ethiopia Program. Email me at seniorsinoregon@yahoo.com if you would like to get in touch.
Michelle
Post a Comment