Wednesday, February 1, 2012
13 Months
So we've now been waiting for 13 months (as of Friday to be exact) for a referral. The last few months have been great in the sense of being completely distracted. We've been so busy with my sisters wedding, our buying a new house, fixing up said house, fixing up our rental, renting out the rental, etc... that it has been easier to put aside my thoughts and hopes of the adoption. It is easier for me to just tell myself that it's not really going to happen than be on the edge of my seat everyday waiting for good news that someone else has gotten a referral and moved us up closer on the waitlist. But it's creeping back, that feeling of discontent, impatience and excitement. Last week I about had enough of no news from our agency, no referrals, no anything that I just gave up and called our social worker. I asked her point blank how long we really should be expecting to wait. I don't want false hopes or empty promises anymore. She said that we are getting close to the top of the list and it wouldn't be unreasonable to be expecting a referral in the next 2-3 months. Only the Lord knows, but hopefully she's right. Oh how I pray that she's right. I am so ready to see our little ones face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment