Friday, February 10, 2012
Update
So my last post was pretty depressing and I think it's necessary to relay the rest of the story. Right after writing that last post I was talking with Jamie about it and he encouraged me to just call Holt (our agency) and ask them about the wait times. I honestly didn't think there was ANY way that we would be getting a referral within the next two months. So I called and left a message. Jennifer called me back and I relayed what my concerns were (that they were way off on their timetable). I think she has been so used to giving parents the bad news, that she was just giddy with excitement to finally tell us something amazing. She started off by saying that we are in the top 10 (we didn't think we were any lower than 17 on the list!), and then she kept saying over and over "Karly, you guys are SOOOO close!". She said that they were going to have a bigger batch of referrals going out that week or the next. What we know now is at least 1-2 referrals went out at that time and we are at the very least number 8 on the wait list! We are sooooooo ready. And now since having her tell me that it could potentially be any time I haven't been anywhere without my phone glued to me, I get a pit in my stomach every day when 4:30 p.m. rolls around because that means it was another day not getting 'the call'. Yup, I'm ready. Friends, would you please stand in the gap for us and ask the Lord to send us our baby soon. I honestly don't know how much longer I can last like this. Every morning we are rolling out of bed asking each other "Is this the day?!" and it hasn't come yet. But we are trusting still in the Lords perfect timing and for us to have perfect peace until our time comes. But I'm not gonna lie, I am MORE than ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Praying for you guys. We love this family so much and know this baby will be SO blessed to have you and you to have this sweet little one. We are honored to pray for you guys and that you let us peek in on this incredible, faithful journey you are taking!
Praying for that sweet grandbaby every day!!
Post a Comment