“God makes a promise; Faith believes it; Hope anticipates it; and Patience quietly awaits it."
God is good
all the time. When things seem hopeless, He reminds me of our calling and of His heart towards the orphaned and our dream doesn't seem much like a dream, but more of a near reality. He is growing and stretching us in huge ways of which I am extremely thankful. He is writing our story everyday and giving us a testimony that can relate to so many others. We have already been able to live out 2 Corinthians 1:4;
"He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us."
I love this. I was not at all expecting to get this sweet gift from our adoption, I just wanted it to be short and sweet. I dreamed and prayed that it would be the worlds quickest adoption of all time, so that others would see how awesome it is and want to adopt too. Well, that obviously wasn't the Lords plan for us. He has put us on a winding road with many dark valleys, but He has sustained us. He has placed others on the same road that can relate, encourage and comfort. He has given us much more than we asked for, in good and bad. But we know His plan is perfect and that's all we want. Even if it takes us through really hard times, we still want it. He is showing us a side of Him that we've never had the chance to see before, and He's given us the peace that surpasses all understanding. Don't get me wrong, we are still praying that things happen soon and quickly, BUT we are still able to rest in His peace. I am so thankful that we aren't hopeless, and without the Lord, I don't know how we could travel this road without Him.
1 comment:
Push some of that hope and faith my way, would ya?:)
Post a Comment